Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Many Iterations of William Shatner

Written by Pat Jordan, a contributing writer for the New York Times Magazine. I liked the style, research, and take on the story.

Amplify’d from www.nytimes.com


Which was the beginning of the William Shatner character. Shatner said: “Then that character was foisted on me by people like yourself in the press. It’s your fault!” Shatner complained that he never recognizes himself in any articles written about him. I said that’s because he gives writers the wrong answers. We riffed, playing the egomaniacal writer and the clueless actor. I asked him a long convoluted question. He put on an innocent expression and said, “I just act because I like it.” Wrong answer, I said. He looked chastised and said: “Really? What should I say?” I told him. He said, “Let’s try again.” He repeated verbatim what I told him, then added, “Better?”

Read more at www.nytimes.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment